Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Baxter Planning is a dynamic and rapidly growing company setting the standard for SaaS and PaaS in the service supply chain planning industry. The Baxter team is made up of some of the best and brightest tech employees anywhere. We work hard, play hard and take pride in our work.
If you are interested in a career at a growing, fun place to work, please send an electronic copy of your resume to BPSJobs@baxterplanning.com or complete the form below.
Enterprise Sales Director
Baxter Planning is currently recruiting Enterprise Sales Directors with 3-6 years of business-to-business experience selling enterprise-class Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. This position is client-facing, and owns prospecting, qualifying, proposing, negotiating and closing deals for Baxter Planning’s portfolio of SaaS and PaaS services. Strong candidates will have extensive experience closing deals with executive and C-level client leaders at Fortune 1,000 companies, preferably in a supply chain arena. They will have successfully prospected, developed and closed accounts in a consultative selling environment.
- Create, manage and drive to closure a funnel of leads and opportunities while maintaining up to date information in Salesforce.com
- Work with key prospects and clients to explore their business challenges and strategic initiatives with the goal of converting these companies to new Baxter Planning customers.
- Identify opportunities and build strategic relationships that will drive sales over an expanded sales cycle with C-suite level executives.
- Represent Baxter Planning’s solution portfolio by leveraging company collateral to deliver value propositions, proposals, contracts, etc.
- Lead prospect RFP processes and utilize outstanding communication skills to deliver a professional, compelling response.
- Represent Baxter Planning at key market events including trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic business and financial principles. Experience with revenue models, forecasting, sales metrics, negotiation, operations and cost management.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and management skills. Ability to drive sales results in a matrixed environment across multiple functions.
- Outstanding executive-level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to establish relationships with executives and team members alike.
- Flexibility to operate well in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Ability to effectively reflect and reinforce Baxter Planning’s cultural values and norms.
- Impeccable ethical standards and professional behavior.
- Physical/stamina: ability to transport personal luggage and sit for long periods of time in the air or driving to client sites.
- Minimum undergraduate degree.
- Supply chain software experience, particularly related to aftermarket / service sector.
- Track record of sales performance with an industry leading ERP or supply chain centric SaaS provider.
Our Java developers tackle the challenges in planning optimal stocking levels for spare parts distributed across thousands of locations worldwide. A successful Java Developer will learn about the complexities of global supply chain management and offer their own solutions to the challenges it presents. The ideal candidate for Baxter is a smart developer who gets things done by applying technology to meet our goals while maintaining a healthy work-home balance. The team works closely with key stakeholders to formulate and manage development timelines that are both realistic and produce high-quality application features. We have a great infrastructure of automated unit/integration/regression/UI tests, automated builds, virtualized test environments, and a solid technology stack. We recognize that there’s always room for improvement and we welcome the experience and expertise you would bring in improving our development practices, tools, and execution.
- Design, develop, test and document extensions to our enterprise web application
- Test, repair and refactor existing code
- Collaborate with other developers to make architecture and design decisions
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Work with users and domain experts to gather requirements to improve the functionality and usability of our product
- Review requirements and provide estimates
- Diagnose production issues and provide corrective measures or workarounds
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical major (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Java
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Strong analysis and design skills
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Commitment to continuous self-improvement and education
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of delivering successful software projects
- Working knowledge of Java Platform
- Working knowledge of SQL
Supply Chain Planner
The Supply Chain Planner is the first level of support to customers and plays a critical role in delivering value by helping to reduce inventory while simultaneously improving service levels. Utilizing a combination of Baxter Planning’s supply chain planning software and Best Practices, planners work to optimize and automate complex global supply chain networks. The planning position provides valuable experience that can be leveraged to transition into other roles within the company including implementation, consulting and business development.
- Serve as primary contact for customers and be ultimately responsible for ensuring they receive exceptional value from planning solutions delivered by Baxter Planning Systems
- Deliver Planning as a Service (PaaS) solution to customers by performing over 40 activities in 9 practice areas such as:
- Analyze forecasts and model optimal target stock levels across supply chain networks throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Optimize inventory levels and approve supply orders based on customers’ specific needs and business constraints
- Review analytics to intelligently assign and track root causes for each non-optimal fulfillment of demand
- Use reporting capabilities to illustrate current and projected excess inventory and prioritize candidates for redistribution and scrap
- Train and mentor new customers on effective utilization of planning solutions based on Best Practices
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement based on Baxter’s Best Practice Scorecard and work with each customer to adopt them by modifying business processes or configuration of the planning tool
- Create and deliver Business Review presentations to customer’s executive management to track progress on supply chain goals as well as communicate opportunities for continuous improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop new Best Practices and improve existing ones for delivering planning solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to influence VP and C-suite customer contacts
- Capability to work independently and in cross-functional teams that are passionate about delivering value to customers
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Ability to perform challenging tasks under the pressure of an environment where results can have a large monetary impact to customers
- Creative problem solving and technical skills including advanced Excel proficiency (Pivot Tables, Vlookup, etc.)
- Strong initiative and competitive attitude to review processes and define better methods for supporting customers and optimizing supply chains